Terms and Conditions and Terms of Website Use
Terms & Conditions of Supply of Services
We are My Friends Room Limited, a company with company number 09631890 and registered address at 160 Park Road, London, England, N8 8JT, t/a MyFriendsRoom or My Friends Room.
References to “we”, “our” and “us” are references to us, My Friends Room Limited. We own and run the website at www.myfriendsroom.com
If there is any term that you do not understand please notify us before using our Services.
Please read through the Terms carefully before using our Site and Services. If you are booking accommodation using our booking facilities on our Site, please print a copy for future reference.
We amend these Terms from time to time. Any changes will only apply to any subsequent facilitated bookings of accommodation. Each time you use our Site to book accommodation, please check these Terms to ensure you understand the terms, which apply at that time.
The Contract between us will be formed and enforceable once you accept a booking either as Property Owner or Traveler.
Prior to then you will be under no obligation to pay for our Services.
- All registered users automatically become members of the MyFriendsRoom social network or club and can use our accommodation booking facilities (Members).
- Our Services are available only to, and must only be used by, Members who are 18 years of age or older and have capacity to enter into the Contract. By registering as a user on our Site you are confirming to us that you are 18 years of age or older and have capacity to enter into the Contract. If you are not eligible, you must not use our Services.
Our Services are limited to facilitating contact between Members, who advertise and offer accommodation (Property Owners) and Members, who are interested in booking accommodation advertised and offered by Property Owners via our Site (Travelers).
Limitations of Our Services
We rely on the integrity and honesty of our Members. We do not verify the existence or accuracy of description of any property or accommodation listed on our Site. We do not guarantee a transaction of any kind.
For each successful facilitation of a Booking Contract (see definition below) entered into by Property Owner and Traveler, we charge a service fee (our Fee) to both, Property Owner and Traveler. The Fee shall be a percentage of the value of the booking contract between Property Owner and Traveler as quoted on our Site from time to time.
Our Fee becomes payable by Traveler on the acceptance of the booking by Property Owner.
Our Fee becomes payable by the Property Owner at the end of the month in which contracts for bookings are offered and accepted by Property Owner and Traveler or on the date when we send an invoice to Property Owner whenever is the later.
Contracts for bookings are formed on the terms and conditions including cancellation policy set by Property Owner or on a case-by-case basis negotiated and agreed between Property Owner and Traveler (the Booking Contract). We are not a party to such Booking Contracts. It follows that even upon cancellation of a booking or other grounds for non-performance or breach of Booking Contract for whatever reason our Fee is not refundable.
Please note: Cancellations may also be subject to the payment of a cancellation fee pursuant to the Property Owner’s cancellation policy.
Members’ Obligations and Warranties
- You may cancel bookings by giving written notice to the other party using the cancellation facility provided in the Property Owner Area or Traveler Area of our Site. Cancellations must be made as soon as practicable. Our service fee is not refundable. The Property Owner may or may not charge a fee outlined in their Terms and Conditions written in their Cancellation Policy on their property listing.
- You must provide accurate and correct contact details upon registration and keep your contact details up to date at all times.
- You must not discriminate against any other Member registered on our Site.
- You must not enter into Booking Contracts with Travelers using our Service if changes in statutory legislation or regulations in the relevant jurisdiction would make it illegal to comply with your obligations under the contract. What does this mean? Isn’t a booking a booking contract? In such an event, you must notify us immediately of the change.
- By listing your property or room on our Site, you warrant
- that you are the owner or lawful tenant of the premises or part of the premises you are offering for accommodation;
- that entering into a Booking Contract with a Traveler will not breach any contractual agreement with third parties including but not limited to your tenancy agreement, building insurance contract or house insurance contract;
- that entering into a Booking Contract with a Traveler will not be illegal under any statutory legislation or regulation in force from time to time in the relevant jurisdiction;
- that you have appropriate insurance policies in place to cover you for any liability that may arise under the Booking Contract between you and your Traveler(s);
- that you are 18 years of age or over;
- that you have the right and capacity to enter into and perform the Booking Contract under the terms and conditions offered and accepted by you and your Traveler;
- that the premises are reasonable secure and fit for human accommodation;
- that the information provided about the accommodation is accurate and correct to the best of your knowledge;
- that your contact details provided are correct at the time of entering into the Booking Contract;
- By using our Services as a Traveler, you warrant
- that you are 18 years of age or over;
- that you have the right and capacity to enter into and perform the Booking Contract under the terms and conditions including the cancellation policy offered and accepted by you and the Property Owner;
- that you do not invite other Travelers to enter into or stay on the Property Owner’s premises unless expressly agreed between you and the Property Owner;
- that you do not intentionally damage the Property Owner’s property or premises;
- that you do not remove property from the Property Owner’s premises without the Property Owner’s express permission;
- that you respect the Property Owner’s property and do not use it in a way, which would go beyond its normal purpose and may render it unusable or unsafe for others.
Right to Terminate Membership
- if you fail to cancel bookings without using the cancellation service provided in the Owners Area or Traveler Area of our Site.;
- if you do not provide accurate and correct information about your accommodation;
- if you fail to update your contact details;
- if you do not respect the property of the Property Owner;
- You agree to indemnify and hold harmless MyFriendsRoom, its officers, directors, shareholders, employees and agents, from any injury or damage suffered directly or indirectly as a result of your use of the MyFriendsRoom property listing service, including but not limited to:
- any claims for injury or damage to person or property arising from a property or space you own;
- any claims for injury or damage to a person or property arising from a property or space of which you are a tenant;
- any claims for injury or damage to person or property arising from a booking contract to which you are a party;
- a claim that any use of the service by you or someone using your computer (or account, where applicable) infringes any property right of any third party;
- any misrepresentation by you;
- any breach of any agreement to be performed by you in connection with a Booking Contract.
- You agree to pay to MyFriendsRoom any and all costs, damages and expenses, including, but not limited to, reasonable legal fees and costs, awarded against or otherwise incurred by or in connection with or arising from any such claim, suit, action or proceeding attributable to any such claim as described above.
- Nothing in this agreement shall limit or exclude our liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by its negligence;
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- breach of the terms implied by the Supply of Goods and Services Act 1982 or any other liability which cannot be limited or excluded by applicable law.
- Subject to clause 1 above, we shall not be liable to you whether in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with the Terms for:
- loss of profits;
- loss of sales or business;
- loss of agreements or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of or damage to goodwill;
- loss of use or corruption of software, data or information; and
- any indirect or consequential loss.
- Subject to clause 1 above, our total liability to you, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), for breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, arising under or in connection with these Terms shall be limited to the value of the Fee you are or may have been entitled to under the Terms at the relevant time (calculated by reference to the charges as advertised on our Site and based on the value of the Booking Contract or Contracts to which you were a party at the relevant time).
Events Outside Our Control
- We will not be liable or responsible for any failure to perform, or delay in performance of, any of our obligations under a Contract that is caused by an Event Outside Our Control.
- An Event Outside Our Control means any act or event beyond our reasonable control including without limitation strikes, lock-outs or other industrial action by third parties, civil commotion, riot, invasion, terrorist attack or threat of terrorist attack, war (whether declared or not) or threat or preparation for war, fire, explosion, storm, flood, earthquake, subsidence, epidemic or other natural disaster, or failure of public or private telecommunications networks or impossibility of the use of railways, shipping, aircraft, motor transport or other means of public or private transport.
- Except as explicitly stated otherwise, any notices to you shall be delivered to the email address you provide to us during the registration process.
- Alternatively, we may give you notice by pre-paid post to the address you provided to us during the registration process, or as updated by you as relevant from time to time.
- Any notices to us must be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Any notice shall be deemed received:
- if sent by email, 24 hours after the email is sent, unless the sending party is notified that the email address is invalid; or
- if sent by pre-paid post, four business days after the date of posting and in proving service of the same it shall be sufficient to prove that such letter was properly stamped or franked, addressed and placed in the post to the addressee at the address referred to above.
- We may transfer our rights and obligations under a Contract to another organisation or company, but this will not affect your rights or our obligations under these Terms.
- This Contract is between you and us. No other person shall have any rights to enforce any of its terms.
- Each of the paragraphs of these Terms operates separately. If any court or relevant authority decides that any of them are unlawful or unenforceable, the remaining paragraphs will remain in full force and effect.
- If we do not insist that you perform any of your obligations under these Terms, or if we do not enforce our rights against you, or if we delay in doing so, that will not mean that we have waived our rights against you and will not mean that you do not have to comply with those obligations. If we do waive a default by you, we will only do so in writing, and that will not mean that we will automatically waive any later default by you.
- Please note that these Terms are governed by English law. This means a Contract for our Services formed through our Site and any dispute or claim arising out of or in connection with it will be governed by English law. You and we both agree that the courts of England and Wales will have exclusive jurisdiction.
Terms of Website Use
Other applicable terms
- Our Terms and Conditions of Supply of Services (see above), which set out the services we offer to you and limits our liability to you.
Information about us
http://www.myfriendsroom.com is a site operated by My Friends Room Limited, a private limited company registered in England with company number 09631890 and registered address at 160 Park Road, London, England, N8 8JT. Our main trading address is at the same address.
Changes to these terms
Please check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made, as they are binding on you.
Changes to our site
We may update our Site from time to time, and may change the content at any time. However, please note that any of the content on our Site may be out of date at any given time, and we are under no obligation to update it.
We do not guarantee that our Site, or any content on it, will be free from errors or omissions.
Accessing our site
Our site is made available free of charge.
We do not guarantee that our site, or any content on it, will always be available or be uninterrupted. Access to our site is permitted on a temporary basis. We may suspend, withdraw, discontinue or change all or any part of our site without notice. We will not be liable to you if for any reason our site is unavailable at any time or for any period.
You are responsible for making all arrangements necessary for you to have access to our site.
Your account and password
If you choose, or you are provided with, a user identification code, password or any other piece of information as part of our security procedures, you must treat such information as confidential. You must not disclose it to any third party.
If you know or suspect that anyone other than you knows your user identification code or password, you must promptly notify us at email@example.com
Our Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of content on our Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the content on our site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
Your Intellectual Property Rights
You own all of the content and information you post on our Site. In addition:
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, such as photos and text (IP content), you specifically grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any IP content that you post on or in connection with our Services (IP License). This IP License ends when you delete your IP content or your account unless your content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When you delete IP content, it is deleted in a manner similar to emptying the recycle bin on a computer. However, you understand that removed content may persist in backup copies for a reasonable period of time (but will not be available to others).
Limitation of our liability
To the extent permitted by law, we exclude all conditions, warranties, representations or other terms, which may apply, to our site or any content on it, whether express or implied.
We will not be liable to any user for any loss or damage, whether in contract, tort (including negligence), breach of statutory duty, or otherwise, even if foreseeable, arising under or in connection with the use of, or inability to use, our Site.
We do not guarantee that our Site will be secure or free from bugs or viruses. You are responsible for configuring your information technology, computer programmes and platform in order to access our Site. You should use your own virus protection software.
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material, which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack. By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and we will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
Prohibited uses of our site
You may use our Site only for lawful purposes. You may not use our site:
- In any way that breaches any applicable local, national or international law or regulation.
- In any way that is unlawful or fraudulent, or has any unlawful or fraudulent purpose or effect.
- For the purpose of harming or attempting to harm minors in any way.
- To send, knowingly receive, upload, download, use or re-use any material, which does not comply with our content standards.
- To transmit, or procure the sending of, any unsolicited or unauthorised advertising or promotional material or any other form of similar solicitation (spam).
- To knowingly transmit any data, send or upload any material that contains viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time-bombs, keystroke loggers, spyware, adware or any other harmful programs or similar computer code designed to adversely affect the operation of any computer software or hardware.
You also agree:
- Not to access without authority, interfere with, damage or disrupt:
- any part of our Site;
- any equipment or network on which our Site is stored;
- any software used in the provision of our Site; or
- any equipment or network or software owned or used by any third party.
We may from time to time provide interactive services on our site, including, without limitation:
- Chat rooms.
- Bulletin boards.
Where we do provide any interactive service, we will provide clear information to you about the kind of service offered, if it is moderated and what form of moderation is used (including whether it is human or technical).
We will do our best to assess any possible risks for users from third parties when they use any interactive service provided on our site, and we will decide in each case whether it is appropriate to use moderation of the relevant service (including what kind of moderation to use) in the light of those risks.
However, we are under no obligation to oversee, monitor or moderate any interactive service we provide on our site, and we expressly exclude our liability for any loss or damage arising from the use of any interactive service by a user in contravention of our content standards, whether the service is moderated or not.
Where we do moderate an interactive service, we will normally provide you with a means of contacting the moderator, should a concern or difficulty arise.
These content standards apply to any and all material, which you contribute to our Site (Contributions), including but not limited to information provided by you about your property and accommodation; and to any interactive services associated with it.
You must comply with the spirit and the letter of the following standards. The standards apply to each part of any contribution as well as to its whole.
- Be accurate (where they state facts).
- Be genuinely held (where they state opinions).
- Comply with applicable law in the UK and in any country from which they are posted.
Contributions must not:
- Contain any material, which is defamatory of any person.
- Contain any material, which is obscene, offensive, hateful or inflammatory.
- Promote sexually explicit material.
- Promote violence.
- Promote discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation or age.
- Infringe any copyright, database right or trade mark of any other person.
- Be likely to deceive any person.
- Be made in breach of any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual duty or a duty of confidence.
- Promote any illegal activity.
- Be threatening, abuse or invade another’s privacy, or cause annoyance, inconvenience or needless anxiety.
- Be likely to harass, upset, embarrass, alarm or annoy any other person.
- Be used to impersonate any person, or to misrepresent your identity or affiliation with any person.
- Give the impression that they emanate from us, if this is not the case.
- Advocate, promote or assist any unlawful act such as (by way of example only) copyright infringement or computer misuse.
Suspension and termination
We will determine, in our discretion, whether there has been a breach of this policy through your use of our site. When a breach of this policy has occurred, we may take such action as we deem appropriate.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent withdrawal of your right to use our Site.
- Immediate, temporary or permanent removal of any posting or material uploaded by you to our site.
- Issue of a warning to you.
- Legal proceedings against you for reimbursement of all costs on an indemnity basis (including, but not limited to, reasonable administrative and legal costs) resulting from the breach.
- Further legal action against you.
- Disclosure of such information to law enforcement authorities as we reasonably feel is necessary.
We exclude liability for actions taken in response to breaches of this acceptable use policy. The responses described in this policy are not limited, and we may take any other action we reasonably deem appropriate.
Linking to our site
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it.
You must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists.
You must not establish a link to our site in any website that is not owned by you.
We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
If you wish to make any use of content on our site other than that set out above, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
“MyFriendsRoom” is a registered trade mark of My Friends Room Limited. Unauthorised use of the trade mark would constitute a violation of our intellectual property rights.
To report misuse, any concerns or for further information, please email us at email@example.com
Thank you for visiting our Site.