- For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is My Friends Room Limited, a company registered in England with company number 09631890 and registered address at 160 Park Road, London, England, N8 8JT, t/a MyFriendsRoom or My Friends Room.
- If you have any queries about the policy, please get in touch with us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will do our best to answer your questions.
Information we may collect from you
We will collect the following personal data and other information you generate as a result of interactions with our Site from you:
- Certain information required to register with our Site including first and last name, your address and date of birth together with some basic security information;
- Details of any bookings you make through our Site (either through us or through third parties who use our Site as a booking platform);
- Details of your property including address, location, type of property and size;
- Your e-mail address and password;
- Technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform; and
- Information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our Site (including date and time); listings you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Although it is not compulsory to provide this information, if you do not then you cannot register as a Member of our Site or make a booking for accommodation with our Hosts or become a Host by listing your space for other Members to book.
- Billing information such as your credit card number and expiry date will not be collected by us, it will be collected by Stripe.com our payment Gateway and will not be held on our Site.
Use of this information
We (MyFriendsRoom) will use this information to:
- administer your booking;
- provide your Host with your address when you are making a booking;
- provide your Host with your contact details and address when you have booked to stay in your space.
- share details of your property listing with other Members;
- collect payment of MyFriendsRoom Fees for our Service from you;
- keep you up to date with your bookings and what’s happening in your MyFriendsRoom social network;
- Make general improvements to our Site and the Service we offer;
- analyse how you are making use of our Site;
- notify you of certain offers and new products (subject to your right to unsubscribe or opt-out).
- for location services within our Site. We only share your general location. We never share your address except for booking purposes.
Sharing this information
- Credit or debit card payments will be collected by Stripe.com our payment Gateway.
- We may transfer your personal information to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business and assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation, but we will take steps with the aim of ensuring that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
- Other than as set out above, we will not disclose any of your personal information without your permission unless we are required by law to do so (for example, if required to do so by a court order or for the purposes of prevention of fraud or other crime).
- When you visit our Site we may store some information (commonly known as a “cookie”) on your computer. Cookies are pieces of information that a website transfers to your hard drive to store and sometimes track information about you. Cookies are specific to the server that created them and cannot be accessed by other servers, which means that they cannot be used to track your movements around the web. Passwords and credit card numbers are not stored in cookies. A cookie helps you get the best out of our Site and helps us to provide you with a more customised service.
- Storing details about your site preferences (for instance which language you wish to view pages in);
- Storing details about any properties you have short-listed;
- Enabling our web server to track your session between pages of the site and provide a continuity of experience.
- When using our Site, there are a number third parties who also need to store cookies for essential running of the site. These include but are not limited to:
- EuroVPS for the hosting of our site;
- Google to enable Interactive Maps, help us with Analytics and provide re-marketing campaigns tailored to your browsing using Google Advertiser Features.
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at email@example.com.
- Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
- In addition, if you linked to our Site from a third party site, we cannot be responsible for the privacy policies and practices of the owners or operators of that third party site and recommend that you check the policy of that third party site and contact its owner or operator if you have any concerns or questions.
Where we store your information
- If you use the Site while you are outside the EU, your information may be transferred outside the EU in order to provide you with those services.
- Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password, which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
- Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
If at any time you would like to contact us with your views about our privacy practices, or with any enquiry relating to your personal information, you can do so by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org